How To Use The Template
PHP Website Template is a simple and free php and html template that allows you to quickly create a professional looking website with minimal experience. Click Here to see all the features of the template.
1. Create Or Download The Required Files
To use the template, you will need use a text editor to copy, paste and then create each of your files. You can visit each page to learn more and copy/paste/create just the files you need, or you can download the template package Here
- blank.php A blank page template for creating additional pages
- contact-us.php A contact us page with a Google Map
- portfolio.php A gallery page
- side.php A side column
- flexslider.php FlexSlider
2. Place The Files In The Proper Directories
You will need to create the following directory structure once you have all the needed files...
3. Edit The config.php File
You will define your site's name and menu structure in config.php. You can also add your Google and Bing verification codes, as well as define the Google Map address used on your contact page.
4. Create The Pages You Need
- Visit our Create Pages link for a quick guide to creating new pages for your website.
- Create any new pages that you would like on your website. Use blank.php, one-column.php, two-columns.php or three-columns.php as your template; just remember to Save As to avoid overwriting the blank template.
- Add the newly created page to your menu, located in config.php
5. Upload The Files To Your Server
FTP everything to the home directory on your server.
Sticky Side Column
If you're using our PHP Website Template, this is the optional side bar column you can add to some or all of your pages. It can be useful for adding advertisements such as Adsense ads to be displayed on multiple pages.
When you include the side column, your main content will automatically adjust its width to accommodate it.
The side bar is 'sticky'; it will scroll down and remain in view.
You can turn on/off the side bar column per page by defining the $showSide option located at the top of each file.